I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions

So I took a bit of a holiday hiatus and didn't do much running. Actually I'm not sure that I did any running. But that's besides the point. I plan on joining the rest of the people that made health related resolutions and get back to the gym. I've decided to run the Seattle marathon in June with my friend Megan. That leaves me 6 months to train, plus the bonus of getting fit for my wedding day. To ease back into my fitness routine, I've been playing a bit of Wii Fit Plus. It politely pointed out that I'd gained 4 lbs since the last time I used it a few months ago, but I feel pretty confident that that weight will be gone again soon. I just have to get through tonight, New Years Eve, and tomorrow is a new start.

In addition to the marathon, I have a few more goals for 2010.

1- Save money. I am going to attempt to not buy any 'extra' unnecessary item for the entire month of January. No clothes, no shoes, nothing...unless I buy it with my gift cards from Christmas. People budget all the time. It's time for me to learn how to as well.

2. Be more like Martha....as in Martha Stewart. I want to be more organized, more creative, and more homemaker-ish. In honor of this new goal, I'm even making a Martha dessert for tonight. Caramelized Banana Splits. Should be delicious.

Anyways, cheers to a new start and good luck with sticking to all of your resolutions. I'll let you know how mine go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment