I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Are we done yet?


Do you know how many muscles you have in your lower body? I do, because every single one of mine hurt, really really bad after my 16 mile run on Sunday. My feet hurt, my calves hurt, my thighs hurt, my hip hurt (just the left one. It's quirky like that) and oh yes, my back hurt. My lower body completely declared war after what I put it through.

What I put it through was a very cold, very windy run up and down the Hudson River. I chose to run there because it was a new area that was plenty big. I should've known when I left for the run that it was a bad idea. It was only 48 degrees out, and do you know that it drops like 30 degrees when you get by the water? And the wind. Oh the wind. It was awful. At one point I had to turn around and go back because I literally couldn't breathe from the wind hitting me in the face.

I guess the positive part of this story is that I did it. I finished. It took me running up and down and the same area over and over again to get the last 3 miles finished, but I did it.
I saw some pretty cool stuff too like this monument for Soldiers and Sailors. It set up a hill and I got to run up a bunch of steps and feel like Rocky at the top. Then I ran around it and back down. It's those types of perks that get you through the run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment