I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ode to Edy's

My allergies have officially taken control of my upper body. My nose itches, I can't stop sneezing and I want to claw my eyes out. It all started when I decided to have a nice relaxing lunch in the park for an hour and read my nook. During that time those allergies took control and have not let go, even with the help of my Eye Allergy Visine drops. Needless to say, this made my run in the park not as easy as intended.

For some reason I'm having difficulty getting motivated for these shorts runs. They just seem so...boring.

And can I just say that after all of this running, after over 100 miles in the past couple of months, I still don't feel like I'm any more toned or in shape? Sure I can run a decent distance, but based on visuals alone, it doesn't seem like much has changed. I know that my friend Edy's has something to do with it. And probably my lack of strength training. I just thought that burning 1,200 calories during a running session would leave me a bit more svelte. Also, what bride to be in her right mind eats bagels with loads of cream cheese a week before her wedding when she's due to slip into a very fitted wedding dress? That would be me. I try to bargain with myself that my body needs these carbs for all the running that I'm doing. I think that's the devil part of my brain talking. Honestly, I'd probably be happy if Ryan would throw out the Edy's Limited Edition Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie ice cream that's been residing in our freezer for the past couple of weeks. But then I'd probably be really sad, because that's some super good ice cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment