I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

...But It Doesn't Matter

This week I started week 2 of my marathon training program. I'm supposed to run 16 miles total this week, with 3 tonight, so overall not too bad at all.

For me, it's so easy to get distracted and make excuses. It's late, I'm tired, there's a blizzard outside, there's a shoe sale I should go to, and on and on. One of the biggest challenges for me when attempting this marathon, and most things in my life, is learning discipline. I need to train myself to train. In my training book, the authors talk about listing all of the excuses that you may have, then ending it with 'but it doesn't matter'. So, there's a torrential downpour outside and I'm exhausted, 'but it doesn't matter'. I like this idea. It puts a positive spin on everything and makes all of the excuses not seem as legitimate.
I'm sure this is an approach that I'm going to probably be relying on a lot in the next couple of months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment