I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I need some sleep!


I've been a little MIA lately because I've had so much going on with work, the wedding, and my personal favorite, migraines. Migraines, oh how I love you. You really know how to ruin my night and keep me from sleep.

I tossed and turned for hours last night, trying to ignore the immense pounding above my eye. I finally decided to spare Ryan (even though he was snoring and probably didn't even notice) and went to the couch. The couch is a little bit of bliss because it's always nice and cool and dark in the living room. However, when you're forced awake by the shooting pains in your head, you start to really focus on all of the little noises that go on at night. There's the hum of the refrigerator, the clanking of the pipes in the radiator, and my new personal favorite, the drip drip drip of our humidifier. The humidifier was purchased to prevent the hacking that occurs in our dogs at night from all of the heat in the apartment, so the noise annoyances are a toss up. Although if you'd ever heard our dogs hack, I think you'd agree that the dripping is a bit more tolerable. Hacking is a noise that I absolutely can't stand. I used to have a colleague that would do it constantly at work and it mortified me. But anyways, I digress.

So there I was, cozied up on the couch, trying to count sheep, or shoes, or anything I could to fall into a slumber, when I feel a little scratching on my leg. I didn't even have to look over to know what it was. My little dog, Gisele, always has to sleep near me, regardless of where it is, so I invited her up on the couch with me.


It didn't take long before my other dog wanted to join us. He's a little less polite, and just hops up to wherever he wanted to be. Most times he thinks it's completely fine for him to lay right on top of you. I have to remind him that he's not a cat. So the three of us cuddled up together on the couch, which basically paralyzed my legs all night.
Needless to say, I did not sleep well. The whole point of this is to tell you that I don't have a running post today, so check out this one below. The author is blogging about my favorite author, Brendan Brazier, on his site Vega. Check it out, and check out his products and books.

http://www.vegacommunity.com/profiles/blogs/the-lesserknown-perks-of

0 comments:

Post a Comment