I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Happiness Project

Mother Nature decided to blanket our city in a blizzard today, so there's not much chance for running outside. It's really coming down like crazy. I'm hoping to make it to the gym tonight for another 4 mile run.

Aside from that, I've been reading this great book called The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It's about setting resolutions for yourself throughout the year to help you focus more on being happy. For example, treating your spouse with more respect or making strides in your job to increase your happiness. You can even go to the author's site and create your own Happiness Project and set your own goals. Check out the author's blog here: http://www.happiness-project.com/

**Well, I decided to venture out into the snow to go to the gym. I think any direction I walked, the wind was blowing hard in my face. Those snowflakes feel like needles when they hit your face
and I got my poor running shoes wet by mistaking a HUGE puddle for the sidewalk. There's nothing more enjoyable than running in soggy shoes.
When I got to the gym, I found out that they were closing early because of the weather, but I had about 40 minutes that I could get a decent run in. Thanks to the weather, the gym wasn't nearly as crowded and I actually got a good treadmill. (This also goes for the subway. I actually got a seat during rush hour!) You know how it is- you get used to a certain gym and the equipment and you scout out the good stuff. The treadmill I got tonight had fans on BOTH sides. Those are never available! So that and a re-run of The Office made for an enjoyable run. Now let me take a sec to complain about NYSC. Right at 7 one of the workers came upstairs to where all of the cardio machines are and turned the lights off, saying they were now closed. What!? How can you even do that while people are still running? Isn't that a little dangerous? I understand that they wanted to get home, but that is absolutely no way to run a business. I go back to what I've always said about customer service in New York- there's not any. Or if there is, I rarely experience it. My guess is that location is getting quite a few complaints tonight from some unhappy exercisers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment