I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Me= Not Athletic

*I'm trying to update the layout of my page, so you may see it change a bit over the next couple of days.

Today was Day 1 of my new waking up early ritual. I set my alarm last night for 6, then decided that maybe that was a wee bit too ambitious for my first morning, and reset it for 6:30.

6:30 turned out to be a rather unfortunate time because I was right in the middle of a great dream, but I dutifully turned the alarm off and stayed awake. It took a lot of mental coaxing on my part, but I did get out of bed. It wasn't much, but I feel like it was a start. Baby steps.

Since I didn't get up in time to do my run in the morning, I have to go tonight...or in the morning. I know, I know, I have to be more dedicated to my running schedule, but it's just so hard. For some reason I thought training would be more fun. I mean, I like to run, sortof, although I'm kindof defying my body by doing so. I am in no way built to be athletic. I have short legs and a little torso. Oh, and I have asthma. I'm definitely not physically cut out for this, which is probably what my body has been thinking lately. It tolerated me through my half marathon training, but this is a whole other story.

I'm sure my body and I will have a few heart to hearts as to why I'm attempting to do this. My guess is one of these will start around 8:00 AM tomorrow...or 9...or maybe 10. We'll see.

1 comments:

mutheu said...

hey. just found your blog through a comment that you made on "the happiness project". i really like your process - wanting to be a runner. FOR NOW! i love that. wishing you the best as you journey onward and will keep checking in to see how its unfolding! mutheu (in kenya)

Post a Comment