I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Friday, April 23, 2010

America's Got Talent

I won't be so melodramatic to say that the NFL Draft ruins my life, but wow is it boring.

The night started on the right path. Ryan and I left work early (!) and hustled home. We had tickets to go see a taping of America's Got Talent and had to be there by 6:00. I was able to convince Ryan to take the dogs out so that I could scarf down a delicious sandwich. Ryan was his hokey pokey self and took forever to get ready (and I thought I had ADD...). Anyways, so we're dressed in our TV appropriate attire and rush out the door, hop into a cab, and are on our way. Except in New York, traffic doesn't always move at the speed you want it to. After 15 minutes we had gone 6 blocks and wasted 10 bucks, still 16 blocks from where we needed to be. We decided to walk it. My TV appropriate attire included 4.5 inch stilettos that were NOT made for walking 16 blocks at a swift pace. By the time we made it to our destination, the bottoms of my feet were raw and felt on fire. They hurt so bad that I had to continually shift my weight back and forth from each, resulting in what looked like a pee-pee dance.

We took our place in a line that wrapped down 34th street, up 9th avenue, and back across 35th street. There we stood for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, then finally an hour. After that much time and only being halfway there, I called mercy and we took a cab back home. $20, an hour, and super sore feet later we returned back home where the NFL Draft was promptly turned on, except this time it was Ryan that was confined to the bedroom forced to watch it streaming online. Then somewhere along the way I ran out of DVR shows and ran into plenty of boredom. I have to be constantly entertained or I fall asleep, which is what happened. When I woke up, NFL Draft was back on the big screen. We will be at Radio City itself bright and early tomorrow morning to watch the third round of the draft. My money says that I'll last 2 hours before calling it a day. (I have just been informed that we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow and that I should go asleep. I don't know why. I don't have to be that coherent to read my Nook during the draft. I learned this move from my mother who is notorious for taking books with her to all of the baseball games she goes to with my dad.)

I hope that my feet heal by tomorrow for my big run. I'm not sure that Sharon Osbourne and all of America's talent was worth all of that.

PS- I did get a run in last night at 10:00 when I took my dogs out. Between the 2 of them, we did 4.57 miles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment