I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Busy Week

It has been such a busy week that I haven't taken the time to post that I should have. I had a wedding to go to and then my bridal shower (which was so fun!). I've also been running wedding errands, so it's been busy busy.

I'm going to be completely honest right now and say that I didn't get my 10 mile run in this weekend (don't yell, Megan). I feel really bad about it, but with all of the stuff going on, there was just no time to do it.

I flew into Louisville on Friday night. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm highly claustrophobic, especially on airplanes. As I'm boarding the plane, I realize my good fortune that I'm in the single 'A' aisle which is great because then I don't have to share. Also, my 'carry on' is fully beyond the plane regulated size and I'm hoping to discreetly shove it under the seat without any pushback from the flight attendants.
As I'm making my way back, I notice that I don't seem to be getting any closer to my seat the farther that I go. Then I see it, seat 18 A, right by the bathroom. And yes, it was as awful as you would think it would be. On the itty bitty plane in the itty bitty seat sitting smack dab next to the super disgusting bathroom. I swear I've never seen so many people have to use the bathroom before the flight. I had to place a scarf over my face and wait for my drugs to kick in. Which they did big time....and they continued to work for quite a while after the plane landed... There was no way I was getting up early after all of that.

Tomorrow is a new day though, and I fully intend to get up bright and early, or at least somewhat early and do a slightly longer regular week run. I'm thinking somewhere in the 5-6 mile range. Since I'm staying with my parents this week, I get to take advantage of running in their neighborhood, which has plenty of hills. I think it will fully help to prepare me for the Seattle hills.

If you don't see miles posted up here by tomorrow afternoon, I fully invite you to yell at me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment