I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Food Revolution

Tonight's post is dedicated to the new show, Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I just finished the first episode and am getting ready to start the second one. I love it. Jamie is visiting different towns in the US and looking at the foods that our families are eating and what is being served to kids at school. What you eat that you think is chicken is probably not really chicken, or as the show points out, may not even really be mashed potatoes. Take a look at some of the ingredients in the food that you eat. The general rule of thumb is that if you can't pronounce it, you probably shouldn't consume it.

I've been fixated on nutrition and whole eating since I gave up meat almost 3 years ago. Ever since then I've read countless books on the effects of the standard American diet on our bodies. It's amazing to learn about what is in some of the foods that our FDA has approved and recommends. If you feel sick constantly or have chronic pain, take a look at your diet. Mine has improved quite a bit over the past few years, since cutting out all meat products and milk and replacing with whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans and nuts.

I'll get off my soap box now, but I suggest you check out the show. It comes on Fridays on ABC at 8. Here's a link to the website. Check it out.
http://abc.go.com/shows/jamie-olivers-food-revolution

1 comments:

Tweeks said...

I haven't see it yet, but plan to watch it Friday. I've heard other people say it's informative.

Post a Comment