I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Weakling

This is an early morning post. These will not happen often. I happen to be up this early and coherent already because I have a work thing in which I'm forced to go to earlier than my usual time. This makes me want to send a hate note to Daylight Savings Time. I had been doing better lately because the sun was actually up when my alarm ripped me from sleep. No such luck this morning. Do you know how much more difficult that made it for me to get up? Yeah, not a pretty picture. My mind has been taxed with all of the mental motivation I've been putting it through: C'mon mind, let's finish these miles, it'll be fun. Or, don't eat that extra bite of delicious chocolate, let's eat a carrot. See how exhausting that can be? Not much left to motivate me to get out of bed.

Yesterday I had 4 miles to run, in which I ran 3.75. I slacked off on the remaining 1/4 mile because I could feel something not so right in my ankle. Ugh. It's feeling better today. I'm going to look into some strength training exercises for it.

Basically what I think my lower body is continuing to tell me is that it's super weak. I guess I need to work on that.

I have 3 miles to run tonight and then woohoo, one day off until my long run Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment