I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One Hit Wonder


I checked my Nike app on my phone and saw that the last time that I ran was on February 13th. I guess that explains why I felt so out of shape tonight on my run! Wow how 2 weeks off makes a big difference.
Last week was an interesting week. My mom came in to town to help plan more of the wedding, we were on Good Morning America (TV debut!), New York had a record snow fall (#10 biggest snow fall since the 1800's) and I was deathly ill for a couple of days. Top that off with a couple of never ending headaches and before you know it, it's been 2 weeks!


Even though the snow storm was a mere 6 days ago, most of it is gone and it's a pleasant 40 degrees out tonight, so it seemed like a good time for a run outside. Thank goodness too, because I'm getting so tired of treadmill runs. I got my new iPhone about a month ago, but still haven't transferred my music over, so I only had one song to listen to which happened to be a really slow song (Terrified, by Katherine McPhee). Not exactly a running motivator. I listened to it for about 15 blocks until I couldn't take it anymore. I had to stop for a minute and download a Kesha song to get pumped up. That's the beauty of technology. You can get new music right at your fingertips, even in the middle of your workout!

0 comments:

Post a Comment