I wanna be a lot of things, and for now, it's a runner.
This is my story as I train for the 2010 Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I love hockey

I didn't do my 4 mile run yesterday because (there's always a good reason, right?) Ryan and I decided to get tickets to the NY Rangers hockey game. I just discovered hockey this year and I love it. I live in an overly sports saturated household. They are always on and I almost always never care to watch. But hockey...hockey is a whole other story.

Reason why I love hockey:
- It's super fast paced, which meshes well with my undiagnosed ADD. I'm unable to sit still and not do anything else. Even right now I'm watching a DVR'd episode of Survivor and typing this.

-There aren't many rules, and the rules they do have are pretty self explanatory. It's not like football where it takes like 8 hours to run a few feet. It's not constantly stop and go.

-The players are generally pretty hot. Have you seen Erik Christensen? Or Sean Avery?

- They fight. How crazy is that? At my first hockey game I was shocked that this was not only allowed, but encouraged. Crazy!

Since I didn't run last night, I did it tonight. Not too bad. I'm getting more comfortable with it. I'm going to have to try to fit in my 3 mile run tomorrow.

One last note- GO CATS!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment